Friday 18 April 2014

Mens Summer Shoes

The winter months are finally behind us, the sun is shining.  I love it, I went to a wedding down in St.Ives last weekend. It wasn’t perfect on the Saturday but on the Sunday we went for a walk along the coast.  I watched the football and I had fish and chips on the beach.  Shear bliss!

So what does this have to do with shoes, well it got me thinking about my summer shoes collection.  I have a couple of pairs but with this being my first summer working with a footwear company I feel obliged to add to this.  I think it’s a good excuse to go shopping anyway.  So here we go with my top 5 pairs of shoes to get you through the summer.  I’m sure I could survive on less but hey, who wants to struggle when you can have it all!  Maybe my wishlist looks a little dated or maybe you think it’s a little lame but I’m open to feedback.  I haven’t even checked them with the girlfriend yet so I’ll probably have a whole new list next week!

So, how did I come to this list?  Well, I’m glad you asked.  First of all I thought about what I have planned.  You see I love the beach, I love watersports, the odd walk in the hills and then it’s always nice to have something smart to wear on the town or out in the evening.  Generally I don’t go for the plain old white shoes, I like a little colour in my life and given the weather I’m starting to feel a whole lot brighter all round.  In addition I would like a bit of a tan to show off so I don’t really want boots as I’d rather be in shorts and I’m not sure shorts would work with boots.  Secondly, I’d rather have something light as opposed to dark to try and accentuate any little tan I might get.  As I write this I’m currently thinking about how vain this all sounds, and it is horribly vain.. it is a bit pathetic but then you may well have some kind of distorted logic to convince yourself one pair of shoes is better than another when there are so many to choose from.

So here we go with this in mind I’ve decided I will be looking to get a pair of sandals for the beach and ideally something a little smart so I can wear them to work as well.  Now for me, I can’t help but look no further than the classic Birkenstock.  They’re not for everyone but they are so comfortable!  They’re timeless, well made and Birkenstock have been operating since the 1700’s so they’re obviously doing something right.  Secondly I like to get out and about I like to go up the hills and I love exploring around the rocks at the beach so for shoe number 2 I’ve gone for the North Face Hedgehog IV GTX.  These are breathable, waterproof and offer excellent grip and protection perfect for a scrambling around the coast on a warm summers day.

For shoe number 3, I’m thinking I want something for a night on the town as I enjoy an evening meal and a nice glass of Rioja.  Relaxing on the continental coasts of Spain, sitting back listening to lapping waves and a sunset which caresses the horizon of the sea, I need something to go with a pair of chinos so for this im going to choose some leather Camper Oxford Mil shoes.  Then finally for the general day to day and leisure shoes what better than some summer blue vans clean, crisp simple and perfect without socks.  I’ve gone for the snorkel blue as much as anything because I love the name but the colour is perfect and then some of the Puma TX-3 just to finish it off.  Why, well I don’t really need them but I love them.  They’re bold, they’re bright they are perfect for the summer and they have that little hint of a classic retro design.  Let me know what you guys think and if the girls want more style tips to help out your boyfriends we’re always on hand. Otherwise, even if you think a little visit from Trinny and Susannah wouldn’t go a miss!  I still want to hear from you.

Still it a bank holiday weekend, chuck a shrimp on the barbie, have a drink, but most of all enjoy the weather.. It’s summer after all!

Written by Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment