Monday 25 March 2013

Dr Martens....Yes please!

Our first wear test is for the brand 'Dr Martens'. The following review is written by the first of our 3 shoe enthusiasts, Amy.

When my friend first mentioned she wanted a pair of Dr Martens I thought she had gone barmy! Dr Martens to me meant clunky worker boots/ or a courageous (ugly) punk shoes. Yet sure enough now everyone is wearing them from Jessica Alba to Nicki Manaj.


So my love affair with my very own Dr Martens started about a year ago when I spotted them in Mastershoe's Window. They were denim blue with a pretty floral pattern, I wanted them instantly! But, the small issue of price and the panic that they may make my feet look huge kept me away for a few weeks. So when I did buy them I squeezed my feet into the only pair left, a size 4 (1 and 1/2 sizes too small) as I was determined to have them. After a week of agony and some very alarming blisters they finally stretched to become the comfiest shoes I have ever worn. Their thick air cushioned soles were like walking on pillows compared to my usual thin soled usual spring shoes. I now know why so many people have donned their heels for a pair of Dr Martens and who ever said comfort didn't mean fashion was clearly lying.

Ducks, Drinking and Dancing with my Dr Martens

My Dr Martens have been through a couple of near catastrophes. The first time I flaunted them to my friends was at a friend's 18th birthday party on a canal boat. Everything was going swimmingly until we had to moor up. One of my friends was terrified of what I thought were really cute ducks so I took her place in trying to tie the barge to the bank. But as I stepped off the boat my foot sank into the oozing, gloopy, murky mud that went all the way up to my knee. Now I knew the reason she hadn't wanted to moor up. As I tried to scramble back onto the barge my right Dr Marten was completely stuck. Whilst wiggling my foot out and trying not to fall face first into the water the ducks looked in earnest whilst my friends just laughed. It took a good ten minuted to pull my boot free. I nearly cried at the thought of their being ruined by all the mud but managed to crack the layer off at home. The right one isn't quite as bright as the other but my Dr Martens lived on.



The next time I nearly lost one of my precious Dr Martens was on the night before my last day of school. Of course there were usual antics of going to the pub, drinking and a bit of dancing, but that night we had decided to camp on a hill near school. The idea being that we could raid and play pranks on the school super early the next day. There was just a teeny, tiny problem of having to get through school at midnight to access our campsite. So we tiptoed and giggled our way through the gates, unsurprisingly we weren't as quiet as we thought we were and soon the security guards were onto us. Luckily I was wearing my Dr Martens so I could run faster than if I was in heels, but unfortunately I hadn't tied them up. One of them flew off my foot as I took a sharp right bend causing me to run the rest of the way with only one shoe. I thought my shoe would be lost forever but some kind soul had handed it into lost property. So my Dr Martens had survived another adventure again.


Overall....These shoe are the comfiest and most reliable shoes I have ever owned. They seem to survive anything! I don't feel like I have clunky man feet when I wear them but the floral pattern makes them feminine and girly. Yet, they still have a cool edge. I would recommend them to anyone as can be worn with anything and they really jazz up an outfit. Can't wait to see what will happen in my Dr Martens next!



No comments:

Post a Comment